I used to have really bad breakouts on my face. I was always covering them up with makeup and staring into the mirror wondering why the Proactiv or Neutrogena or latest and greatest acne product was not working. Every time I left the house or saw people without coverup I felt consumed with anxiety and insecurity as well as frustration. Well, to be completely transparent–this is gross– I was constantly popping pimples. I did do some damage and I have some residual acne scars to remind me the old days. Now I have clear even skin. I rarely get a pimple. Sometimes I get one around my period. That’s right ONE. SOMETIMES.
After I figured out the magical formula I understood why I was having such a huge problem with my skin constantly breaking out. I wish someone had taught me this earlier!!
These are a few tips to keep in mind while you’re looking in the mirror wishing for clearer glowing skin naturally without all of those crazy toxic medications:
- Our skin is a reflection of what’s going on inside of our bodies. Often where we get breakouts correspond to an organ in our body that is sending a SOS message.
- All physical symptoms are a communication from our bodies. We can choose to tune in and make some changes.
- Food allergies or sensitivities can show up on our complexion.
- Some common allergies that show up on our skin (including milk in chocolate), nuts, soy, corn and gluten.
- Sugar will also create breakouts in our complexion because it creates an imbalance in beneficial bacteria in our gut and that shows up on our face.
- Probiotics are highly beneficial for improving acne breakouts.
- Coconut oil is great for cooking and preparing food as it has antiviral and antibacterial properties and a high heat tolerability.
- Curcumin, found in turmeric, is also helpful as it supports our livers and helps us to excrete more toxins successfully.
- Constipation can inhibit our detoxification and this shows up on our faces. Magnesium can help with more consistent, easy, healthy bowel movements. I have never met a patient who was not magnesium deficient.
- Chlorella is a blue-green algae that aids in detoxification, is alkaline, full of vitamins, minerals and helps maintain a healthy complexion.
- Poor mitochondrial function can lead to leaky gut, endocrine imbalances, and other dysfunction in our bodies. Replacing electrons with Megahydrate, Asea redox molecules and other supplements aid in regenerating mitochondria.
- Washing our face and body with a mixture of equal parts baking soda and coconut oil is great as a gentle exfoliant. It also alkalinizes the skin, is antibacterial and after you wash, you don’t have to moisturize! Yes! Two steps in one!!
The best program for a clear glowing complexion involves a long term commitment and working with a practitioner to improve digestion, remove food allergies and detoxify from heavy metals and other chemicals and address emotional traumas or spiritual shadow work.